Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yo-Eddy


I dreamed about this bike for over two years. I saved, borrowed, and stole to get it way back in the day when lots of stuff was still made in the good ole U.S of A. This is a 1995 Yo-Eddy team bike from Fat City Cycles for those of you who might remember. I commuted from Norfolk to Chesapeake to work at Bikeline, then from Norfolk to Va. Bch. to work at Bikezone, then from Columbia, S.C. to Lexington S.C. to work at the Hawley Co. Went from beginner to novice and then to sport class on this bike. This was back in the day when this was my car, training bike and race machine all in one. It has been with me through many, many life experiences good and bad and it still puts a smile on my face. Technology is no substitute for an old friend. I must of lived in 15 different places, worked at 10 different places, drank gallons and gallons of beer and wine, lost and gained a dozens of friends, brain cells, and a few pounds with this bike and today I went riding with my two true loves; Babycakes and Yo-Eddy.
































































3 comments:

Rob said...

Those ugly water bottles are holding you back-- that bike is juicy!

Anonymous said...

gallons? more like resevoirs!!!!

Anonymous said...

thats not nice......jimmy's legs dont look like water bottles.....