Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hazel Mountain

Babecakes and I got to try out our new camping gear and get her feet wet in some backwoods camping. Its funny how quickly we devolve. I built the fire and she did the dishes. We got the Hubba Bubba tent set up and got some dinner in us after hiking w/ packs for about three hours and then the storm came. We played cards inside the tent and I drank a little wine. The fire was hot enough to last through the storm so we were able to enjoy it for about an hour before the second set of thunder storms rolled in. It was fun and brutal the expression on my face in front of the trail map is the look of, "I came and did what I set out to do for the whole day and it is time to get some barbe-Q and slaw w/ some fries I earned it".









4 comments:

Blue-eyed Devil said...

How're you diggin' that Osprey pack, man? Just picked up the same one (same color, too) at REI at a ridiculously low price of $60 (might have been last year's model). I think it retails for about $200. Fits great and works quite well (stable) on the bike, too.

Looks like a good time.

Anonymous said...

No complaints, wish I had gotten it for $60. Good to hear from ya.

2drunk2shift said...

I wish someone else had been carring it at the end of the day.

Anonymous said...

WHERE`S THE BIKE?????????????????